Saturday, September 23, 2017

Which vanity do you prefer?

Like you, I have my favorite decorating shows that I regularly watch. For some reason, of late, I noticed that everybody wants double vanity sinks in the master bathroom. Like, they think they cannot possibly survive any longer without a two sink vanity!


This, I think, is a perfect solution. I mean the real reason most of us want a double sink vanity is for the space, right? This has one sink but plenty of storage and space.

Love the rustic look of this but, don't know about you, open shelves would NEVER work in our house.




We have a double sink, I confess. Not that I choose it. Well, yes I choose the cabinet/counter/sink unit but I did not choose it to be a double. It was already plumbed that way and it is a set in area that would have been problematic to only put one vanity sink in.

Check out our master bath by reading this post. Guess I need to update the post as it has changed quite a bit since then.


Seriously though, we have lived with a double vanity sink unit for 21 years in two different houses and, every week, as I clean the sinks I wonder why? I mean, we only use one sink. VERY rarely are we ever in the bathroom at the same time as someone else in the family. Really? Who wants to share a bathroom sink while plucking eyebrows and shaving? 

How about you? Do you have a two sink vanity? Do you regularly use both sinks?


Note: first two pictures are courtesy of posts from Pinterest. No knowledge of the original author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...